This delicious and healthy baked oatmeal recipe is perfect to make on a Sunday evening, and have breakfast ready for the week! A healthy and sweet dish the whole family will love.
- 2 cups oats
- *We prefer steel cut, as they provide more nutrients, but you can also use basic rolled oats or gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup strawberries (or other favorite berries)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 60% cocoa)
- 2 cups skim, soy, or almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, agave nectar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half the walnuts, half the berries and half the chocolate.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to a 10.5″ x 7″ baking dish. Arrange the remaining strawberries, walnuts, bananas and chocolate chips on top.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture on top. Gently shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown.